Tuesday, August 14, 2012

catching up


What a busy year it's been! The craziness of friends, family, and work, combined with the excitement around the new 175T boat from Ranger has really ramped things up.

First let me offer a few thoughts on the 175T. Whether you like this new boat or not, it has sparked tremendous interest in the tiller world. I am not a boat dealer, so I can't say for sure how much of a success the 175T is so far, but I can report without any doubt that the introduction of this model has created an all-time high interest level in the 680T/681T boats. To be honest, I wasn't sure what the effect would be when the new design was announced, but I should've figured it would only increase the demand for the old Fine Tuned Fish Catching Machines. The point is, there are more buyers looking for 680T/681T boats now than there ever has been, and interest will only continue to grow.

A quick fishing update-I've been fortunate enough to spend a few hours of almost every weekend since early May on the water. Walleyes, sunfish, perch, and bass have all been plentiful, but the muskie fishing has been well below average. On our recent family vacation I was able to put in over 40 hours chasing muskies  between family activities, for those efforts I was rewarded with one 37" fish and three follows from sub-40" fish. Before the season I had an idea of how much time I would get to fish for muskies, and estimated a conservative 7 of them in my net by the end of the season. Yes, the best part of the season is still ahead but I will need a strong finish to hit my goal. I'll keep everyone posted on my progress!

On another note, I just happened to check the 680tiller.com website this morning and it seems to be down. I had no idea, and don't know how long it's been down since most of my correspondence and maintenance is done here on the blog. My plan is to move the files that had the information to a page here on the blog and take down the website, it was too hard to update and too costly to keep it going. I hope that doesn't disappoint anyone.

Finally, this season has not been without it's challenges. One of them that I will address in an upcoming post has been trying to replace one of my go-to muskie baits that is no longer available. A review is upcoming...

1 comment:

  1. A visit to Camp Alibi in Cocodrie, Louisiana is a wonderful way to get acquainted with nature. While you're there, take time to learn more about the area and the local culture.

    ReplyDelete